Works Cited

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The election of 1860

April 4, 1860
Hello. I haven't talked to you guys in a while. Aberham Lincon has just been inagurated. I could see us being freinds. We have very silimar looks on politics and slavery. A freind of mine has recomended I write some peoms about him. I haven't been able to write very much poetry lately because my old book, "Leaves of Grass" was looked down apon for its truthfulness. This year I will be coming out with a new addition to my book, "Leaves of Grass" with more poems. I think Mr. Lincon will find a solution for the slavery problem. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think.
Walt Whitman
New York

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Whitman,

    I agree with you totally. I, as well, could see me and Lincoln being friends becuase our similarities. I read one of your poems and it was the most beautiful writing i have ever read. It was so descriptive and cleverly written. Hopefully you can write a poem having to do with Lincoln, that would be great!

    I think you should add some more details about the election itself, and less about your poems. Or you could keep the writing on your poems and just make the election part bigger because this blog is to short.

    William T. Sherman

    ReplyDelete